I have never met a chicken salad that I didn’t like. Unfortunately many of them contain quite a bit of mayonnaise. This flavorful salad, which is dressed with tomato juice and spices, is my low fat alternative.
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup tomato, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup vegetable or tomato juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- In a medium bowl, combine, chicken, tomato, onion, tomato, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato juice, garlic, cumin, and marjoram. Mix well.
- Pour juice mixture over chicken and vegetables. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavors blend.
- Serve on bed of lettuce, in a tortilla, as a sandwich, or as a side dish in a buffet.
More Salad Recipes:
How do you lower the fat or calories when making your favorite recipes?