I am not bragging, ‘ tis simply the truth. This is the best gluten-free graham cracker pie crust ever! I would love to say it is because of my brilliant baking skills, but it is actually the result of several happy accidents. Much of the credit must go to my sister because if I had not been distracted while talking to her on the phone, this recipe would never have been created.
I ruined a traditional gluten-free graham cracker pie crust while talking to my sister. I didn’t have any other gluten-free graham crackers on hand, so I improvised and used Enjoy Life Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies to create a new graham cracker mixture. Then I quickly washed the still hot pie plate, in hot water so it wouldn’t crack, dried it and while it was still warm pressed the new graham cracker mixture into it. And it was the easiest time I have ever had forming a pie crust to a pie plate!
Hugely important! Place your pie plate in the oven while you are preheating it. This will allow you to easily mold the graham cracker mixture to the hot pie plate and create a lovely, but firm crust while using less butter. This recipe only calls for 2 tablespoons of butter or dairy-free margarine.
There is nothing like a food processor to create a a nice even crumb from crackers or cookies in seconds.
Add the crushed graham crackers and sugar to a bowl. Cut the butter into the graham cracker mixture.
Pour the graham cracker mixture into the hot pie plate. Using a pot holder to hold the pie plate, use a spatula to press the graham mixture evenly around the pie plate. You will notice the crust darken as the butter begins to melt. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes and then use to make a pie as you normally would.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs (I used 6.3 oz box Honey Graham Cookies)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter ( I use dairy-free margarine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place your pie plate in the oven while you are preheating it!
- Crush your graham crackers.
- Place graham crackers and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut butter into graham mixture.
- Pour graham cracker mixture into the hot pie plate.
- use a pot holder to hold the pie plate and a spatula to mold the crumbs to the pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Use as called for in your pie recipe.
More Gluten-Free Pie Recipes:
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Marshmallow Mixed Berry Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie with Gluten-Free Ginger Cookie Crust
- Mixed Berry Pie with Granola Bar Crust – be sure to use gluten-free granola bars