My friend Glenna shared her recipe for Brussels Sprouts with me. Her recipe was so good that I just had to pass it on. This is a fast and easy recipe for Brussels sprout that is delicious in its simplicity.
Brussels Sprouts are in season and have been on sale recently. You can find them sold on the stalks for a flat price or you can buy loose Brussels sprouts by the pound. I recommend weighing the stalk of Brussels sprouts and comparing the price with the individual sprouts. Often buying them on the stalk is a better deal, even with the weight of the stalk.
Glenna recommends cutting the Brussels sprouts in half and then thinly slicing them.
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt (How to Make Seasoned Salt)
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add oil and lemon juice to butter, stir to combine.
- Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt and pepper over the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Cook over a medium-high flame until sprouts tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I really like vegetable recipes that let the simple goodness of the veggies shine through.