Dryer sheets are fantastic for keeping your laundry soft and smelling great, but did you know it has some other unusual household uses too? Take a look below at these 10 Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets that we dug up. You will never look at plain old dryer sheets the same way again, we promise!
10 Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets
1. Banish pests. Dryer sheets can be used to repel bugs and rodents. Simply tuck a few into the cracks of basements to repel any that would dare try to sneak in. The scent will persuade them to go elsewhere, and the sheet itself is great for blocking the entrance.
2. Keep your car fresh. Don’t buy pricey car air fresheners. Instead, tuck a dryer sheet in the glove box or in between the seat cushions. It is a great way to make the car smell great. Plus, when the car heats up the sheet will be activated even more.
3. Vacuum with freshness. Tuck a dryer sheet into the bag of your vacuum cleaner. As you sweep the heat from the vacuum will warm the sheet and fill your space with freshness.
4. Keep storage spaces fresh. Nothing is worse than opening a bin of clothing or belongings and smelling mildew or mustiness. Instead, tuck a dryer sheet or two into the container and keep the contents smelling great.
5. Banish diaper odor. Carry a dryer sheet or two in your diaper bag. When you need to throw away a dirty diaper, wrap the dryer sheet around it or tuck it into the folds to help mask some of the odor. The owner of the trash can you use will be grateful!
6. Clean dishes with less effort. When soaking a sink full of dishes, add a dryer sheet into the water. It can help break down some of the grime and grease and also leaves your water smelling great.
7. Clean your paint brushes more easily. The chemicals in your average dryer sheet can help peel away paint from brushes a little easier. Place a dryer sheet in the bucket you soak your brushes in for easy cleaning.
8. Banish old book smell. Make your books smell must free when you cut a dryer sheet in half and place it inside the pages. This is a great trick to use when dealing with old or antique books as well!
9. Get rid of hair static. No one wants their hair sticking up all over the place. Just like dryer sheets reduce static in clothing, they will do the same for your hair. Leave a sheet or two in the bathroom so you can run it over your hair should it be unruly.
10. Clean your showers. Use a dryer sheet to scrub away mildew in your shower. The texture as well as the chemicals will help break down dirt and grime and leave your space fresh.
You can snag a box of dryer sheets for just $1 at your local dollar store, so why not grab some and give these 10 alternative uses a try?