Resealable zip top bags are useful for more than just packing lunches. These 6 Simple Hacks Using Zip Top Bags include frugal household uses and more!
Resealable zip top bags are amazing for packing lunches and taking snacks on the go, but did you know they have many other practical uses as well? Zip top bags are inexpensive to buy and take up little pantry space, making them the perfect item to keep on hand for all sorts of odds and ends. Take a look below at 6 Simple Hacks Using Zip Top Bags so you can put these baggies to work for you.
6 Simple Hacks Using Zip Top Bags
1. They keep feet dry on wet days. Before the kids go out to play, put a large zip top bag over each socked foot then add their shoes or boots. The extra layer will keep feet warm and also keep out any moisture, preventing wet and soggy socks and feet. Who wants to deal with that?
2. Send lunch money in them. Zip top bags will keep lunch money nice and safe, plus they are so easy to open and remove the cash when it comes time for staff to count the coins. It is much easier than wrestling with getting a sealed envelope open, and all of the change is clearly visible. If you need to label the money, simply stick a sticky note inside of the bag with any necessary information.
3. Make your own cold pack. Are your kiddos prone to ouchies? Fill a zip top bag with dish soap and seal closed. Place it in the freezer where it will get cold but not solid. This makes the perfect cold pack for boo boos because it is cold but also pliable. You can use any color of dish soap or even use clear and color it with food coloring for a fun effect.
4. Take them when you travel. Keep toothbrushes clean and safe by traveling with them in a zip top bag. You can also place bottles that contain liquids or gels in zip top bags so if they become punctured or open during transit you don’t have to worry about a huge mess. Some travelers also like to take a few gallon bags to put dirty socks and underwear in when they travel.
5. Craft your own sensory bags. Take color hair gel and add it to the inside of a zip top bag. Close it so it is nice and secure. Kids can use their finger to write on the bag, spell out words, create shapes and designs, and have an inexpensive sensory experience. This is a fun and easy way to entertain kids!
6. No gloves? No problem. If you need to protect your hands while painting or doing a messy task, just slide a zip top bag over each one. This is a quick way to give yourself protective mitts. When you are done, slide them off and toss them. So quick and easy! Kids may even enjoy this technique if faced with a messy task.
7. Store ready made mixes and meals. Do you need to throw together dinner in a hurry? Keep some ready to make mixes in zip top bags. These can consist of the dry ingredients for biscuits, pancakes, cookies, even the seasoning mixes for soups and stews. This way when you need to make a meal fast you have the dried ingredients ready. Be sure to label each bag well so you know what is inside as well as when it as created.
See how valuable resealable zip top bags can be? Grab an assortment of sizes and give these 7 uses for zip top bags a try. You will never want to find yourself without a box on hand again.