The season for shopping is here! November is one of the best times of year to shop, as many of the products that you use and love will be at their lowest prices of the year. Take a look at the list we have compiled here, filled with helpful suggestions on what to buy in November. Use this list to plan your shopping strategy and make sure you make your November budget stretch far!
What to buy in November:
The makers of your favorite baking products want you to buy their products for your holiday baking! Here are some of the baking products you will be able to find on sale. Buy them now so you have them for holiday baking and the rest of the year. Here are tips for saving money on baking supplies.
1. Nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews)
2. Chocolate of all kinds (chips, chunks, liquid)
3. Sweetened milk
4. Evaporated milk
5. Coconut shreds
6. Brownie and cake mixes (all varieties)
7. Frosting and frosting mixes, stir ins
8. Candy sprinkles and sugar sprinkles
9. Bread mixes
10. Cupcake liners
November is the time that food drives are held all over the country. Look forward to many of your favorite canned goods being on sale. This is a great time to snag some donations as well as items for yourself. Take a look at the items you can add to your stockpile.
14. Fruits and vegetables
15. Canned pasta, pasta sauces
16. Canned sauces, gravy, cheese sauces
Holiday Dinner Staples
It is time to start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner. Look forward to many Thanksgiving staples being on sale during November. While these are great for holiday dinners, they also make great items to have on hand during the winter months when you want to make a hearty meal.
18. Potatoes (both whole and flakes)
19. Pumpkin products (canned pumpkin, puree, pumpkin spice, pie)
20. Cranberries (both canned and fresh)
21. Bread (frozen and fresh, bread mixes)
22. Gravy (mixes, canned, jar gravy)
Just because the weather is getting chilly, doesn’t mean you have to go without fresh produce. Here are the seasonal produce items you can find at a great price in November! Plan on buying in-season produce in bulk and freezing, canning, or drying what you can’t use right away.
24. Apples (all colors and varieties)
27. Pears (all varieties)
Halloween Clearance Items
Halloween may be over, but great clearance deals are sure to be found! You should also be able to find fall items drastically marked down this month.
30. Halloween candy (freeze what you can’t eat right away)
31. Costumes (great for playing dress up all year)
32. Halloween décor
33. Seasonal paper goods (plates, napkins, tablecloths)
Fall Clearance Items
Garden and yard supplies will go on sale. You will also find deals on flowers and bulbs in the garden center. If you have mild weather you can plant bulbs and mums outside. If you live in a cold climate, you can force bulbs indoors and use the mums as part of your fall decor.
35. Garden Tools
38. Outdoor furniture
Black Friday Deals
You can’t talk about November without talking about Black Friday. Look for many gift items being marked down the weekend of Black Friday.
39. Gift sets (beauty, cologne, toiletries)
42. Winter gear such as hats, scarves, gloves
44. Video games
45. DVDs and BluRay
46. Kitchen appliances
48. Board games
50. Christmas decor (fake trees, lights, ornaments)
November is a great time to shop and save. Use this list to plan your shopping for November and see what deals you can score!