Even the simplest of parties can look extraordinary when you pay attention to details. For example, take a look at how a little piece of washi tape can turn these ordinary cutlery pieces into something fresh. If you are planning a garden party, shower, or summer party soon, take a look below at how to make your own washi tape garden party silverware. It is the perfect two minute craft that can really add some charm to your gathering!
DIY Washi Tape Party Silverware
- Floral Washi tape (We found this pattern at Dollar Tree)
- Wooden silverware (Around $3 a box at Michael’s)
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Mason jar
1. Start by cutting 2 inch lengths of Washi tape. Begin wrapping them around the handle of the silverware. For a spiral look, cut longer lengths and just begin wrapping.
2. Use a dab of hot glue to secure the Washi tape to the handles. Snip off any extra tape for a clean look.
3. Repeat on the various pieces of silverware, creating a single or multiple wrap if you wish. For ours we did a double wrap, but you can do what works best for you.
See how simple it can be to turn regular, plain silverware into something lovely? Give this easy DIY a try and in no time you will have that added detail that guests just seem to love, and notice!