As we patiently await the arrival of spring, you might find yourself itching to get organized. Magnets are a great way to keep small paper objects, recipes, and other important memos safe. Whether on your refrigerator or your office desk, magnets can be a great way to give small items some order. Below, take a look at how you can use some basic scrap fabric pieces to create some fun and frugal magnets. These frugal scrap fabric magnets are the perfect way to get organized, with style, for less! Take a look!
Frugal Scrap Fabric Magnets
Wood crafting shapes
For our sample craft, we picked a fun, spring bird print we had on hand. You don’t need a lot of fabric, just a few inches in fact will do.
You can find these wood crafting shapes at your local dollar store, craft store, and even at some retail stores. They are quite reasonable, priced around $2 a bag. Magnet pieces in various sizes can be found at your local craft store as well. Choose a size that is durable enough to hold the size wood shape you are using.
1. Begin by turning your wood shapes over and gluing a magnet to the back. Make sure you press firmly so the magnet adheres well.
2. Leave the shape turned over and place it on the back side of the fabric. It is important to place it on the backside so that your tracing lines won’t show on the front.
3. Use a marker to trace around your shape. Remove the shape and begin cutting.
4. When your fabric shape is cut out, place some glue on the wood shape. Press the fabric shape over the wood shape so that the two line up evenly.
5. Run your finger firmly over the fabric so that you can remove any air pockets or wrinkles.
That’s it! Once your fabric is dry your magnet is ready for use. Hang these frugal scrap fabric magnets anywhere you can use a little festive organization. They are a fun and frugal way to bring some order to your space while still feeling like you are letting in a little bit of your personality.
Gather your supplies and give these frugal scrap fabric magnets a try!