Don’t throw out your empty shoe boxes, there are a lot of easy ways to reuse them! These 7 Frugal Uses for Empty Shoe Boxes will give you some great ideas.
There is nothing like bringing home a fresh new pair of shoes, is there? And while you might be quick to add those shoes to your closet, you might not know what to do with the shoe box after. The good news is there are all sorts of practical and easy ways to reuse empty shoe boxes. Take a look below at 7 Frugal Uses for Empty Shoe Boxes so you can put these boxes to use long after the shoes are in the closet.
7 Frugal Uses for Empty Shoe Boxes
1. Organize your craft station. Shoe boxes are the perfect size for organizing your craft station. Add your pens and markers, paints, brushes, scrapbook paper and more to the boxes and add a label on the outside for easy identification. This is a great way to keep your craft supplies ready to access and under control.
2. Make book boxes. Are you trying to get your kids to read more? Create a new box each month that features books of a particular theme. Most paper backs and even small board books will fit well in a shoe box. Plus, the child can decorate the shoe box to their liking to make it special and fun.
3. Make a mini doll house. Remember those dioramas you use to make in school? Try making a mini house with an old shoe box. Line it with colorful paper and let kids customize it how they wish. It can be perfect for playing with Shopkins and other small collectibles!
4. Use them for road trips. Let each kid fill their own shoe box with small games, snacks, books, craft supplies, and other items to entertain them on the trip. Kids can decorate their boxes prior to leaving to make them more special and fun. This will keep clutter from getting all over the car quite nicely.
5. Organize your drawers. Shoe boxes fit nicely into drawers and can be used to organize ties, socks, underwear, and other small clothing items. They can be used to sort these items quite nicely and since they are hidden in drawers, there is no worry about what they look like.
6. Organize your savings. Shoe boxes are great for organizing your coupons, coupon inserts, and even your shopping receipts. You can use pieces of cardboard as dividers helping you stay more organized and help you maximize your savings even more.
7. Save them for gift giving. Shoe boxes can come in handy during the holidays when you need boxes for gift giving. Hold onto your shoes boxes so you can easily box up and wrap small gifts so they look nice and also stay safe during any transit. They can also be used as shipping boxes if you are shipping gifts instead of presenting them in person.
Put those shoe boxes to good use when you give these 7 uses for shoe boxes a try. As you can see, they really can be practical storage solutions and are well worth holding onto.