Bath bombs are all the rage these days as people look for ways to make their bath time more relaxing! Sure you can buy bath bombs, but you might find that they can be quite pricey. Why not try making your own bath bombs instead, which smell just as amazing and cost just pennies a piece? No worries, as there aren’t any fancy supplies required! Here is how you can make Homemade Peppermint Bath Bombs, perfect for your next relaxing soak.
Homemade Peppermint Bath Bombs
Makes: 6 bath bombs
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Ice cube tray or silicon mold of choice
- Green food coloring (optional)
1. Begin by mixing all of the ingredients, minus the food coloring, into the bowl. NOTE: You want the consistency to be like damp sand. This might mean you will add more water. Mix well and if it is not this texture, drop in a few drops of water at a time until texture is achieved.
2. If you wish to add the food coloring for some light to heavy color, add 2-3 drops and stir well. If this dampens the mixture too much, sprinkle in a little more baking soda until the texture if fixed.
3. Pour the contents into the tray. For mine I added quite a bit of color, note the bright green! You will notice though when it dries, the color does lessen.
4. Let your peppermint bath bombs sit overnight with a paper towel over them. This will aid in drying them out. Then, gently pop from the tray and enjoy! Remember, do this gently! They will crumble if you are too rough with them.
To Use: To use your bath bombs, just drop them into the tub and relax. When not in use, you can store these in an air tight bag or container.
Give these peppermint bath bombs a try and see how relaxing they can be!
If you are looking for more homemade bath products, check out these easy to make Vapor Rub Shower Melts found at The Homespun Hydrangea.