Follow this easy tutorial for Scented Cookie Cutter Christmas Candles. These homemade soy candles make perfect gifts for friends and family! You can place a few around your home to decorate for the holidays as well!
I love making fun things for the holidays that are both functional as well as great for gifting. These homemade soy candles use simple holiday shaped cookie cutters and a few inexpensive candle making ingredients.
Since you have to work with hot melted wax to make these homemade Scented Cookie Cutter Christmas Candles, it’s important to use caution if you’re making these with kids. Practice proper safety protocol, but enjoy making these scented soy candles. They are a great gift idea that can be made in batches and used in your own home or given to friends and family.
Scented Cookie Cutter Christmas Candles Tutorial
- 2 cups of soy wax flakes
- metal cookie cutters
- tea light wicks
- aluminum foil
- green candle coloring blocks
- liquid candle scent
- large glass measuring cup
1. Place 2 cups of your soy wax flakes into your glass measuring cup and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted (this will be VERY hot).
2. Mix in a teaspoon of your wax scent and a couple blocks of your wax color (optional).
3. Press your cookie cutter on a piece of tinfoil, fold up the sides, and place onto a paper plate.
4. Pour your melted wax into your cookie cutter. The wax will seep under the cookie cutter, that’s why it is important to fold the sides of your tinfoil up, so it doesn’t overflow.
5. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until your candle is no longer warm.
6. Carefully break the excess wax off the sides of your cookie cutter and press up on the bottom to remove the candle.
7. Place your candle onto a glass or ceramic base before you light.
If you plan to make homemade scented candles as gifts, make sure to let them cool completely before taking out of the cookie cutter. This will make them smoother and more attractive to gift. I love the idea of adding these into a holiday gift basket with our Homemade Citrus and Herb Sugar Scrub Bars or Harvest Spice Latte Sugar Scrub to create a nice home spa experience. You may also want to make multiple colors and holiday scents to really make a fun variety for gifting.