These 7 Thrift Store Wardrobe Staples are a frugal way to stretch your clothing budget. They will also make it much easier to choose an outfit each morning!
Simple wardrobe staples can help you create numerous looks for less. Having specific wardrobe staples on hand can make choosing an outfit easy and can help you stretch your clothing budget. Thrift stores can be a fantastic source for finding these wardrobe staples, you just need a little time and patience to search for them. So, which items should you have on your shopping list? Take a look below at 7 Thrift Store Wardrobe Staples that can help enhance your closet and make getting dressed a frugal breeze.
7 Thrift Store Wardrobe Staples
1. Black Skirt– Whether it be a flair or pencil skirt, a black skirt can be dressed up or down quite easily. Pair it with a whimsical t-shirt and sandals for a casual look, or pair it with a more tailored top and jewelry for a dressier evening look.
2. Denim Jacket– A denim jacket can be paired with a skirt or sundress so you can wear the item well into the evening or even on a chilly day. Denim jackets are quite versatile so look for them in both blue and white to pair with sleeveless or short sleeve tops and dresses.
3. Grey Dress Pants– Grey dress pants are quite functional and can also be dressed up or down. Their dark color is quite forgiving and slimming, and they also wear and wash wall. They can be paired with heels and a dress top for work or dinner, and can be easily tailored to fit nicely.
4. White Button Up Dress Shirt- A basic white button up shirt is quite versatile as well. You can add color via your jewelry choices, and wear such a shirt with any kind of dress pants, skirt, or even jeans. A white dress shirt can be work so many ways, and even looks cute when worn oversized with a belt.
5. Black Flats- Basic black flats will never go out of style. Choose a pair that is comfortable and would mix well with both jeans or dress pants. A simple pair of slide on black flats will always come in handy, so if you see a pair that fits be sure to grab them!
6. Infinity Scarves- An infinity scarf can be worn so many ways and can entirely change the look of an outfit. Most of these scarves can be purchased for a buck or so at most thrift stores, so buy them when you see them. Choose from multiple colors and patterns so you have a variety to choose from and compliment your outfit.
7. Dark Denim Jeans– Nothing looks better than a pair of well fitting jeans. Choose a darker color that is slimming and will wear well. You can even have jeans tailored to fit nicely so they are the perfect length. Choose a quality brand that you know will last and is made with quality materials. Dark jeans seem to be in style but don’t be afraid of trying other dark colors as well.
Are you ready to head to your local thrift store and look for these 7 thrift store wardrobe staples? Keep this list in mind the next time you shop, so you can build your wardrobe up for less!