This Z is for Zebra Craft is a great activity to do when learning about the letter Z. It’s also an easy animal themed craft for kids to do on a rainy day.
This Z is for Zebra Craft is a fun activity to do with kids when learning about the letter Z. Grab a handful of supplies and make this black and white zebra when Z is the letter of the week in your homeschool classroom, or when you’re looking for an easy animal themed craft to make on a rainy day.
Z is for Zebra Craft for Kids Tutorial
- 1 piece of card stock (ours measured 5×7 when flat)
- 3 black and white striped chenille stems
- 2 google eyes
- 1 small black pom pom
- 2 black pom poms
- 2 small white pom poms
- black marker
- white glue
- hot glue
1. Fold a piece of card stock in half and draw black stripes onto it with a marker. Flip over and draw stripes on the back of the zebra.
2. Draw a body shape onto the card stock and cut out both pieces at once (you’ll need both pieces for 1 zebra). Add a dab of white glue, just in the center of the 2 pieces of card stock to hold the body together. Do not spread the glue to the edges.
3. To make the legs: Cut one chenille stem in half. Fold the piece in half and wrap it around the body. Twist at the bottom of the body and spread the two pieces apart to make legs. Repeat so that you have four legs.
4. To make the tail: cut a chenille stem in half. Use one half and wrap it around a pen or pencil to make it curly. Separate the tail end of the two pieces of card stock by opening it up a bit. Slide the tail into the two pieces of cardboard and add a dollop of glue. Squeeze the two pieces of card stock together to attach the tail.
5. For the head: Take one chenille stem and begin to wrap it into spiral shape, keeping it flat as you roll it up. Tuck in the end. Add two eyes, pom pm ears and the three pom poms for the face using hot glue. Attach the head onto the body using hot glue.
More Letter Themed Craft for Kids:
Letter Y Activity: Yellow Search and DiscoveryYum