No, I did not marinate my sweet potatoes in tea. Did you realize that the overpriced tea you are buying from coffee shops is actually just black tea with spices, sugar, and milk added?
You probably have most of the spices in the cupboard…and you could be making your own tea…or you could use those same spices to season sweet potatoes!
- 4 large sweet potatoes (or yams) cut into bite size pieces (I leave the skin on)
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- dash white pepper
- Spread the sweet potato pieces in a greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice, honey, and spices.
- Drizzle spice mixture over the sweet potato. Toss to ensure the sweet potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
More Sweet Potato Recipes: