I usually enjoy baking for my family, but today it was 101 degrees and I did not feel like turning on the oven. Even on hot days my children require a bit of sugar to keep them sweet, so I made No Bake Cookies. I have included links to other desserts that do not require baking at the end of this post.
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ milk (or rice milk)
- ½ cup butter (or dairy-free margarine)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt (optional)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 cups rolled oats (I use gluten-free oats)
- Mix sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until it boils.
- Remove from heat and cool 1 minute.
- Then add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper.
- Let cool completely before removing from wax paper.
These cookies freeze well.
More No Bake Desserts:
Freezer Smoothies from Life As Mom
We like to make popsicles with grape juice, but if you want something a little fancier, you will find many suggestion here.
What are your favorite no bake desserts?Yum