Hasselback potatoes are amazingly delicious! Even better, they are lower in fat than baked potatoes or Twice Baked Potatoes. And they are so easy to make! This week when I made hasselback potatoes, I decided to use smaller red potatoes instead of russet potatoes. It was a little harder to get the spices between the potato slices, but the crunchy herbs on top of the potatoes made a delicious variation.
Easy and Delicious Hasselback Red Potatoes
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (How to Make Seasoned Salt)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice the red potatoes in 1/4 inch thick slices. Only go 3/4 of the way through the potatoes.
- Melt butter. Add oil and spices to butter. Stir well.
- Drizzle butter and oil mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
If you want to use more butter and oil, you can after 20 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add it to 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Drizzle oil-butter mixture over the potatoes and finish baking.
This is my new favorite way to eat potatoes! What is your favorite way to eat potatoes?