I love the combination of coffee and chocolate in desserts. There is a depth of flavor when coffee and chocolate are combined that is unmatched when they are served individually! I decided to modify my Easy Fudge Recipe and add Instant Espresso Crystals to create a Mocha Fudge.
My husband described the results as “sinfully delicious”. I am not sure if I will be put on the naughty list or nice list by sharing this Mocha Fudge with friends and neighbors.
My husband is always impressed with my fudge recipes because his mother never made candies. Many people think that it is hard to make fudge, which is why it makes a lovely gift. You get the “wow factor” because people think you have made something very difficult, but it really isn’t that hard at all. All you need is a large pot and a Candy Thermometer, which you can pick up for several dollars.
My Easy Homemade Fudge has a step by step tutorial if you have never made fudge before.
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso crystals
- 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar of marshmallow cream (7 ounce jar)
- In a large pot combine the butter, evaporated milk, instant espresso crystals, and sugar.
- Cook over high heat, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches 234 degrees (use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until they are completely melted and completely mixed in.
- Add vanilla; stir well.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until it is completely mixed with the chocolate.
- Pour fudge into a greased pan or serving dish.
More Easy Fudge Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Homemade Turtle Fudge
- Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Pumpkin Chai Fudge