My Sweet Basil finally decided to grow. One day it just decided to start shooting up. No sooner had I started enjoying pinching leaves and it began to flower. Such is the life of a gardener! This week, in between drying the leaves, I have been adding basil to as many of our meals as I can. The natural sweetness of basil is the perfect compliment to peas and green onions.
- 1 lb. fresh peas
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, diced
- Place peas in a steaming basket, and add basket to boiling water (do not let the water touch the peas).
- Steam for 2 minutes or until the peas are just barely tender.
- While peas are steaming, melt butter; add green onions; cook until tender but not brown.
- Stir in peas, parsley, and basil. Cook covered over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until tender.