Homemade croutons are so good! They also happen to be easy to make and cost so much less than buying them from the store, especially if you make them with homemade bread.
To make them quickly, brush oil and dust spices on whole pieces of bread and then use a pizza cutter, to quickly cut the bread into bite size pieces.
Make sure you make extra, so you can sample them while they are cooking!
- 8 - 10 pieces bread (any kind, I used Gluten-free bread)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- thyme or sage
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush one side of the pieces of bread with olive oil and dust with garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, parsley. Flip the bread over and repeat.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the bread up into bite size pieces and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 –8 minutes or until they are toasty brown, tossing the croutons every 2 – 3 minutes. I leave the croutons on the baking sheet to cool.