I discovered some leftover ham in the freezer and decided to make scalloped potatoes with ham. However, after I had chopped the onions and started to make the white sauce I realized that I only had vanilla flavored rice milk, not plain. I didn’t have time to make more rice milk, so I decided to add the ham to Roasted Potatoes. Then I realized that my recipe for roasted potatoes didn’t use a cup of diced onions. I could have frozen the diced onions for another day, but I decided to wing it instead. And that is how new recipes are born!
- 1½ – 2 pounds of potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound frozen green beans
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup diced onions
- 6 – 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (how to make seasoned salt)
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Place potatoes, green beans, ham, onions, and garlic in a 13 x 9 baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with spices; toss to coat.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Do you “wing it” or do you prefer to follow recipes?