This recipe was created out of my desire to use up some vegetables before they turned. I like roasted sweet potatoes and I like roasted cauliflower, so I decided to combine the two. My husband and kids liked the final product so much that it has become a family favorite and shows up regularly on our menu. My family even request this in place of Candied Yams for our Thanksgiving dinner.
I usually roast the veggies at 400 degrees and it takes about 30 minutes for them to cook. However, when I am in a hurry, I throw them in the broiler and cut the cooking time in half. If you choose to broil them, you need to turn them every 4 – 5 minutes until they are fork tender, so they don’t end up getting charred.
- 5 small sweet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 3 dashes of coarse ground pepper
- Spread the sweet potato pieces and cauliflower florets on a greased cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potato and cauliflower. Toss to coat veggies. Sprinkle the spices over the sweet potato and cauliflower pieces.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until fork tender.