This is one of my favorite salads. I enjoy it alone for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. It is also very easy to make. I also discovered that kids are much more likely to eat spinach if you mix it with strawberries and top it with raspberry dressing!
I have included a recipe for Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette, but I won’t tell anybody if you decide to go with a bottled dressing.
- 5 –8 ounces of fresh spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- ½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup apple cider or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard (or 1 teaspoon dry mustard)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, strawberries, and nuts.
- Add raspberries, vinegar, sugar, mustard to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Slowly add oil until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I am looking for more salad recipes. Between lunches and dinners, we eat 10 salads a week, and we could all use a little more variety! Do you have a favorite? I would appreciate it, if you would share a link or recipe in the comment section!
More Salad Recipes:
- Taco Salad
- Apple Walnut Salad
- Southwest Steak Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Chicken and Mango Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing