This simple recipe for glazed carrots is often on our holiday menu. Kids enjoy the sweetness of glazed carrots, it is easy to make, and its mild flavor goes well with just about anything. Another advantage is this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled when serving a crowd.
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon parsley (optional)
- pinch of salt
- bottled water (you can use sparkling mineral water if you want)
- Cut carrots into ½ inch thick pieces.
- Melt butter and glaze sugar in it.
- Pour approximately ½ cup of water of enough to completely dissolve sugar. Add carrots and cook over a medium flame.
- Add salt and a little water as necessary, constantly stirring carrots. The liquid should always be at a minimum and should be completely dissolved when carrots are “al dente”.
- To finish, add parsley.
More Easy Vegetable Recipes:
If I have any carrots leftover, I use them in Chicken and Rice Soup. Just add them at the end when you add the other “leftovers”.