Spring is in the air and there are plenty of frugal and fun events to share with the family here in the Reno area.
FREE Youth Art Festival
March 12th 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
*Create artwork at 8 art stations
*Free book for every child
*Tours of the historic Lake Mansion
*We will be open at 9am for those families with special needs that are looking for additional assistance and less crowding.
Visit their website for more info: artsforallnevada.org
March 12th 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
This brand new event features everything for the dog lover (and pet lover) by bringing together local businesses and adoptable dogs for one big celebration! Fido Fest is Saturday, March 12, hosted by and at The Summit in South Reno. While many stores in The Summit will be participating with fun specials and giveaways, adoptable dogs and vendors will be located in the Center Plaza between Vans and Tilly’s. Festivities include:
• Dog Marketplace of dog-themed art, gifts, jewelry, pottery, dog toys and more
• Many adorable dogs for adoption (bring the whole family to meet your new friend, yes, this means dogs too!)
• One mile walk for you and your pooch
• Live entertainment
• K9 Agility Course Demonstrations
• Specials and giveaways by various stores at The Summit
Visit their facebook event page: Fido Fest
St. Patrick's Day Parade in Virginia City
Saturday, March 12 at 12:00 pm
- Join the Sons & Daughters of Erin in the annual Virginia City St. Patrick's Day Parade as they lead the parade. Staging to begin at 11:30 am at the Fourth Ward School. You will also see the Blanchette School of Irish Dance and Sierra Silverstrings (Weather Permitting).
- After the parade, come listen to Ciana perform in the Pondersosa Saloon!
Visit their facebook event page: Parade in Virginia City
Science Saturday: Chasing Storms on Mars with Steve Metzger
Saturday, March 12 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Join the workshop where participants can make their own anemometer to measure wind speed, as well as a simulation to Mars to explore the Gale Crater! Admission is $12 per person for children and adults, which also includes admission into “One of America’s Five Greatest Automobile Museums.” Activities are designed for children age eight to 12. Plus, free refreshments and the opportunity to visit the rest of the auto museum.
St. Patrick's Day Craft Fair
Friday & Saturday March 18th & 19th from 11:00 am 7:00 pm
Sunday, March 20th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Find and shop for one of a kind handcrafts, collectibles and art from local craftsmen and women all over Northern Nevada!
Visit their facebook event page for more info: Craft Fair
PUPS Pet Parade
Saturday, March 26 at 12:00 pm
What a way to start spring, with the Easter Bonnet & Pet Parade the Saturday before Easter. Your furry (and not so furry) friends are welcome to stroll along the main drag of Virginia City. Remember to wear your favorite bonnet for the festivities!
Visit their facebook event page for more info: Pups on Parade
This is just a small example of all the amazing fun here in Northern Nevada. Be sure and keep your eye out, we will have a list of free Easter events soon.