Since my 3 year old announced that my Sweet Potato Egg Puffs were his favorite muffins, I have looked at egg puffs in a whole new light. He is right; they are light and fluffy like muffins, but they have very little flour and sugar, making them a healthier alternative. They also come together very quickly and cook in 15 minutes. They are perfect for days when I want to fix my kids a hot breakfast but am short on time.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or 2 tablespoons flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Grease ramekins. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture between 4 – 4 ounce ramekins or 3 – 6 ounce* ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes or until they are puffed up, with golden tops, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Do you have a fast and easy recipe for when you want to make a hot breakfast from scratch, but don’t have a lot of time?
More Breakfast Recipes: