Chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts – what an amazing combination! When I was making Rocky Road Bark, I started thinking that a Rocky Road Fudge would be incredibly awesome…and it is! This is now my favorite fudge recipe. The chewy marshmallows and crunchy almonds make a wonderful contrast to the creamy fudge.
To keep the marshmallows from melting in the hot fudge mixture, you must freeze them for several hours before hand. If you would like a step by step tutorial of how to make fudge, you will find it on my recipe for Easy Homemade Fudge.
Decadent Rocky Road Fudge
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar of marshmallow cream (7 ounce jar)
- 2 cups FROZEN miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped or sliced almonds
- In a large pot combine the butter, evaporated milk, and sugar. Cook over high heat, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches 234 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until they are completely melted and completely mixed in.
- Add vanilla; stir well.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until it is completely mixed with the chocolate.
- Stir marshmallows and almonds into the fudge mixture.
- Pour fudge into a greased pan or serving dish.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to cool the fudge completely.
To keep the miniature marshmallows from melting, you must freeze them for several hours pror to adding them to the fudge mixture.