My oldest son’s favorite flavor is cookies and cream. It doesn’t matter if it ice-cream, cake, or candy. I know that if cookies and cream is an option, it is the one he will take. He might occasionally take a few minutes considering all of his options, but inevitably he will choose cookies and cream.
If you use an oreo type cookie, I recommend scraping the cream filling out and just using the cookie part otherwise this ends up being ridiculously sweet. If you talk one of your children into scraping the cream filling out for you, remind them to do it with a spoon and not their teeth. 🙂
An easy and delicious recipe for Cookies and Cream Fudge.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (or dairy-free margarine)
- 12 ounce bag of white chips (VeganSweets makes a df version)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar of marshmallow cream (7 ounce jar)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cookies (I used Barbara's GF Mini Chocolate Cookies)
- In a large pot combine the butter, evaporated milk, and sugar. Cook over high heat, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches 234 degrees (use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature). Remove from heat.
- Stir in white chocolate chips until they are completely melted and completely mixed in.Add vanilla; stir well.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until it is completely mixed in.
- Stir in cookie pieces.
- Pour fudge into a greased pan or serving dish. Put it in the refrigerator to cool, approximately 2 hours.
Gluten-free and dairy-free substitutions are in parentheses.
I cool the fudge in the fridge, because it will take approximately 4 -5 hours to cool if you leave it at room temperature (which is way too long for my family to wait).
More Homemade Candy Recipes: