This Southwestern Quinoa Salad recipe is delicious served warm or chilled!
Just when you thought it was safe to come back…I have another quinoa recipe. If I were smart, I would have spread all these quinoa recipes out over a couple of months. But why stop with torturing my family…
Seriously, my husband and kids have all been really good sports about not just eating quinoa, but eating quinoa salads night after night. I still have not heard a single complaint. I think it is because I have worked to use a different flavor palate with each recipe, but it could just be that they realize it would be a lot more work for them to cook for themselves and so they are humoring me.
This is a fast and easy recipe. Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss. It was quite tasty even before adding the dressing.
This recipe calls for a couple of ingredients that you can make yourself instead of using packaged items. Here are the recipes if you wish to save money and make these items yourself:
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- ½ pound hamburger
- 1 can olives, drained
- 1¾ cups cooked black beans (or 15 oz. can, drained)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Catalina dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Add quinoa and water to a large pot. Cook over a medium-high flame until it reaches a boil. Lower flame, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, brown the hamburger. Drain the fat.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, hamburger, beans, olives, corn, tomatoes, and onion, and celery. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad. Toss to evenly coat.
I placed broken tortilla chips on the plate, then lplaced a bed of greens on the chips and spooned the salad on top of the greens.