Looking for some fun, yet inexpensive ways to celebrate Father’s Day? Here are 75 frugal Father’s Day ideas.
You may think that your Dad is worth a million bucks, but that doesn’t mean you need to spend a million bucks to show him how much you care. With Father’s Day quickly approaching, take a look at 75 ways to enjoy a frugal Father’s Day. You can show Dad how much you value him while still keeping a little cash in your pocket. So take a look at how easy it can be to create a memorable holiday you all can enjoy.
75 Ways to Enjoy a Frugal Father’s Day
You know Dad better than we do, so look over this list and choose an idea or two to use on Father’s Day. If this list inspires you to come up with an idea that isn’t on our list, please share it with us in the comments below.
1. Dig up some worms and go fishing.
2. Rent a canoe and go for a ride.
3. Grab some fried chicken and head out for a picnic. No napkins required.
4. Have a water balloon fight.
5. Mow the yard for him…if he allows anyone to touch his grass!
6. Find a reasonably priced fountain for his garden.
7. Gift him an inexpensive bird feeder, a little seed, and a book all about birds.
8. Go for a bike ride on some interesting nature trails.
9. Buy some chicken wings and a variety of sauces. Have a wing tasting.
10. Buy him a selection of various foreign beers to try.
11. Find a thrift store tie. Add your own fun spin to it with fabric paint.
12. Watch his favorite sporting event with him.
13. Go see the latest action flick during the less pricey matinee.
14. Check out the local history museum.
15. Treat him to a new dress shirt.
16. Offer to do his laundry.
17. Write him a handwritten note letting him know how appreciated he is.
18. Help him locate a long lost friend.
19. Gift him a book by his favorite author.
20. Surprise him with a family picture.
21. For even more fun, try drawing that family picture yourself.
22. Wash his car for him.
23. Treat him to a haircut and shave.
24. Enroll him in the mail order Dollar Shave Club.
25. Buy him some of his favorite cologne.
26. Gift him a bargain bin CD of his favorite band.
27. Socks. Men love socks. You can never go wrong with a great pair of socks.
28. Make a donation to a local nonprofit in his name.
29. Better yet, volunteer at that local nonprofit with him or in honor of him.
30. Gift him a seedling to watch grow. Tips for planting a tree.
31. Treat him to a lesson with a computer instructor.
32. Gift him a yoga class. It is time he learned how to relax!
33. Make homemade pizzas together.
34. Head to the beach!
35. Treat him to a karate lesson.
36. Play a game of one on one basketball.
37. Challenge him to a game of horse shoe. Let him win.
38. Listen to old records together.
39. Make ice cream sundaes together.
40. Build a birdhouse together.
41. Clean out the house gutters for him.
42. Paint his mailbox for him.
43. Treat him to a new tool belt.
44. Buy his favorite snacks from the dollar store. Chips, nuts, candy, etc. are all great.
45. Make a gift basket out of dollar store grilling supplies.
46. Make a gift basket out of dollar store spices and seasonings.
47. Give him a gift card to his favorite car wash along with an air freshener for the car.
48. Give him a framed handprint.
49. Plant a garden or flower bed together.
50. Gift him some hardware such as nails, screws, tacks, etc. Those things always come in handy.
51. Give him some microwave popcorn and a copy of his favorite movie.
52. Go see a local theatre group.
53. Go to a home show together and check out all of the gadgets.
54. Head to the local dog park with your furry friends.
55. Play Frisbee.
56. Play a competitive game of Clue.
57. Build a house of cards together.
58. Play Checkers for serious bragging rights.
59. Head to the local farmer’s market and grab lunch.
60. Share some nachos at the local pub.
61. Stain the deck for him, or at least power wash it!
62. Go for a scenic jog together.
63. Pass the football around just like the old days.
64. Go look at classic cars together.
65. Visit a local sports museum.
66. Visit a local art festival or art show.
67. Check out a local collectibles auction for treasures.
68. Try out the batting cages.
69. Challenge him to a game of Putt-Putt Golf.
70. Enjoy a rib cook-off with family.
71. Give him a fresh basil plant to use when cooking.
72. Run in a fun run or marathon together.
73. Gift him a new baseball cap.
74. Tell him how much you love him and why.
75. Spend time with him. No phone, no tv, no interruptions. This is one of the best gifts you can give. It doesn’t matter what you do, just allow for it to be free from interruptions. Enjoy!
So treat Dad like the groovy guy he is. Give these tips a try and enjoy a Father’s Day that is fun, frugal, and fabulous. He is sure to appreciate these gestures, and you are sure to appreciate how budget friendly they are.