There is so much to keep track of during the school year! These back to school apps will help you stay organized and help your children with their homework.
With the new school year approaching, it’s time to get ready and get organized. Since we live in a tech world, why not use technology to your advantage? There are so many apps that can help you get ready for back to school, keep you organized, save you time, money and your sanity. I am a big fan of anything that makes my life easier. Check out my top 10 must-have back to school apps.
10 Back to School Apps to Save Your Sanity
- My Homework (free) – This app helps kids keep track of homework when it’s due if it’s done. It syncs with your computer, so parents can monitor it too! Great to help keep kids on track.
- Dictionary.com (free) – This is great to have when you don’t have that huge dictionary handy. Also a must-have when writing reports and other assignments, and great when reading to look up word meanings.
- Evernote (free) – Evernote is a lifesaver for many things but is even better for school. You can take notes, store pictures of important papers, and more. Everything is searchable and syncs to your computer!
- Graphing Calculator (free) – Many upper math classes require a graphing calculator. This app is great if your child forgets their calculator or you don’t have the money to shell out for one. Can’t beat free! Another great free online calculator is the Desmos Graphing Calculator App.
- School A to Z (free) – This app is like having a personal tutor at your fingertips. Enter your questions and get answers almost instantly. Wish I had this one in school!
- Brain Booster App (free) – This app is a must have for on the go. Brain-boosting games are perfect when you are waiting in line, on long car drives, or need a few minutes of quiet time!
- Overdrive App (free) – This app is great for renting education books needed for research. They make great reference books that are very easy to use!
- Student Tracker Life 360 Locator (free) – Perfect app to help keep track of younger kids walking home, or walking to and from the school bus. Also great on vacation.
- Course Smart (free) – This app holds your textbooks. Most textbooks are on here and it’s so much easier than carrying around the big heavy things!
- gFlashPro ($4.99) – This app allows you to build flashcards using spreadsheets. You can also find many pre-made sets in the app and share the flashcard sets you make with friends and family.
What are your must-have back to school apps?
More Ways to Save on Back to School
Danielle is a mom of 4, Former Navy Wife, Homeschooling mom, frugalista and blogger at The Frugal Navy Wife. She and her family of 6 are currently setting out on their lifelong dream to travel via RV around the United States. They are documenting their journey on Roadschooling with The Frugal Navy Wife.