With the arrival of Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang on the big screen this fall, you might be in the mood for a little Peanuts inspired crafting! Take a look at how we crafted a simple DIY Charlie Brown Treat Box For Kids, perfect for your Charlie Brown themed parties and celebrations. Making your own is easy, as all you need are three different supplies. Here is how you can get started.
- Cardboard box with lid (These are sold at most craft stores for around .99¢, and a circle or square will do.)
- Yellow craft paint
- Black rick rack (These can be found in the sewing supplies department.)
- Paint brush
- Glue (We opted for hot glue and a glue gun because it does a nice job at keeping the rick rack in place.)
- Begin by placing the box on some paper to catch any paint drips. Add two to three coats of craft paint, allowing coats to dry in between applications. We opted not to paint the inside of the box and to leave it plain. You can do the same or apply a coat inside if you wish.
- Once the paint is dry, cut a piece of the black rick rack to run along the top of the box. Add some glue to the ends and secure it to the box. Hold in place until dry. Pretty easy so far, right? As you can see, these would be great for party favors as they are a craft you can get done quickly! Children may even enjoy making these on their own.
- Now, fill the box up with treats of your choice. We added some small candy pieces we thought kids would like. Once the candy is added, you can go ahead and replace the top.
See how easy these Charlie Brown treat boxes for kids are? Make them for your next party, movie viewing, or Peanuts inspired gathering and see how much fun they can add!