Are you looking for a unique spin on a Thanksgiving turkey craft? Then check out this faux flower turkey! I can’t think of a better way to put those leftover faux flowers to use than to make a turkey out of them. Take a peek below at how you can craft your own faux flower turkey, just in time for the Thanksgiving season. They are such a fun, frugal, and unique way to decorate for the holiday season.
Faux Flower Turkey Craft Tutorial
- Faux flowers in fall colors
- Brown craft paper
- Red and orange craft foam or craft paper
- Pair of googly eyes
- Craft glue or hot glue, glue gun
We found everything we needed at our local Dollar Tree store. You want to pick out faux flowers that have large and full blooms. They seem to work best when constructing the tail of your turkey.
1. Begin by removing the blooms from two flowers. You want to use colors that will coordinate with each other like we did.
2. Add some glue to the back of the smaller bloom. Press the small bloom directly into the larger bloom so they are layered.
3. Now, craft the body of your turkey. Cut a half oval from the brown craft paper. Glue on the pair of googly eyes, pressing them securely to the paper.
4. Snip a small triangle from the orange foam or paper. Glue it below the eyes for a beak. Finish off the face by adding the gobbler, which you can snip out from red paper or foam.
5. Now, attach the face to the faux flowers. You can do this by adding some glue to the back of the paper and pressing it to the flowers.
Your faux flower turkey is now complete! It is such a fun way to get into the spirit of Thanksgiving, so give it a try!