Have you ever craved something that would take you hours to make? This weekend I was craving barbecued chicken, which I usually make in the slow cooker in the winter, but I didn't want to wait 6 hours for my barbecued chicken. So I pulled out the pressure cooker and was absolutely delighted with not only how fast I was able to make barbecued chicken, but with how tender and flavorful it was.
The chicken is so tender you do not need a knife. If you want, you can easily shred it and add more barbecue sauce to create shredded barbecue chicken.
- 2 - 3 lbs. bl/sl chicken
- ¾ cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup water
- Pour water in the pressure cooker.
- Place the chicken pieces in the pressure cooker.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker; Bring to high pressure, reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure by putting the pressure cooker in the sink and running cool water over it.
- Serve while warm.