I call these Mother Hubbard Cookies because they are what I make when the cupboards are bare. They are fast, easy, and only use 3 ingredients.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the cookie sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together until they are well blended.
- Drop Tablespoon size balls on to the cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie dough with a fork.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack for several minutes, then remove the cookies and let them finish cooling on the cookie rack. Makes 2 dozen.
This recipe doubles well. The cookies can also be frozen.
Variations: Add 1/2 – 1 cup of nuts or chocolate chips if you wish.
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
What are your favorite desserts to make when your cupboards are bare?