Katie Hale is sharing her recipe for Chili Lime Chicken with Sour Cream Sauce with us today:
This dish is very reminiscent of one of my favorite dishes to get at Red Lobster. The chili lime sauce is mild yet very flavorful. If you like it a little hotter, you can easily use a hotter pepper, but in our house we like flavor over heat. This is best served with a rice pilaf or Spanish rice as well as a few tortilla chips and black beans or corn.
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Green Chili’s (can be found near ethnic cuisine items in cans or jarred. I prefer the chopped canned variety for this recipe)
- 1 small tomato chopped into ¼” pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Generously sprinkle seasonings on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Place in large skillet containing heated olive oil and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side (cook time may vary depending on size and thickness of breasts). Chicken should be browned slightly on outside and cooked through with juices running clear.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In skillet you just removed chicken from, lightly brown minced garlic in remaining olive oil.
- Add in butter, tomato and green chili. Cook this for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes start to become tender.
- Stir in sour cream until well incorporated, turn on low and reduce for 5-7 minutes. A
- dd chicken back to pan and heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice with sauce generously poured on top. Tortilla chips may be added for extra crunch.
More Chicken Recipes:
Katie is the owner of You Brew My Tea. A place where love and the mysteries of life meet a frugal mom with a big opinion about everything!Yum