A couple weeks ago I made Chai Spiced Pudding which, as odd as it sounds, was a huge hit. I told my family that I was planning on experimenting with more pudding flavors and my daughter asked if I could try making mocha fudge pudding. As a college student she appreciates caffeinated desserts. 🙂
Today I noticed that my heavy whipping cream was about to expire, so it was imperative that I make whipped cream ASAP! And since I didn’t have anything to put whipped cream on (not that eating whipped cream directly from the bowl is a frowned upon activity at our house) I decided today would be a good time to try making mocha fudge pudding. I slightly modified my chocolate pudding recipe to create a pudding that has just a hint of coffee to it.
- 2¼ cups whole milk, divided
- ¾ cup strong coffee
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup milk and cornstarch. Use a fork or whisk and stir it until it is smooth and all of the lumps have been incorporated.
- Combine 1¾ cups of milk, coffee, and sugar in a medium sauce pan. Cook over a medium flame until it is just about to boil.
- Lower flame to keep the milk mixture from boiling. Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Cook over a low heat, whisking as necessary to prevent lumps from forming.
- When the mixture begins to thicken add the chocolate chips. Continue stirring until the chips are completely melted and the pudding is smooth and thickened.
- Pour pudding into one large or 6 individual bowls. To prevent a skin from forming, place plastic wrap on top of the pudding and smooth it gently against the surface of the pudding before refrigerating. Refrigerate for at least 3 – 4 hours before serving.
Top with Vanilla Whipped Cream and coarsely chopped chocolate.
I am not sure what flavor of pudding I am going to attempt next, do you have any suggestions?
I shared this recipe with Foodie Friday.Yum