There are so many fun ways to craft with chenille pipe cleaners, and these chenille apples are the perfect example. Making your own only takes a few pipe cleaners and a handful of steps. Chances are you already have these craft supplies around your home. If not, you can find everything you need at your local dollar store or craft store. Here is how you can get started.
DIY Chenille Apple Craft for Kids
- Red, green, yellow, and brown pipe cleaners
- Craft or hot glue, optional
1. Begin by cutting the red, yellow, and green pipe cleaners in half. You can then form them into a loop and secure the ends. Press gently in the top/center to create the apple shape.
2. Next, snip a small segment of brown pipe cleaner to use as a stem. Twist it around the top of the apple of just add a dab of glue to secure it.
3. Now, prep the leaves for your apples. Cut a small segment of green pipe cleaner and bend it into an oval shape. Wrap it around the pipe cleaner stem or secure it with a dab of glue.
That is all there is to making these adorable chenille apples! Once they are dry they are ready to be displayed. You can use them as bookmarks, add a small strip of magnet and use them on metal surfaces, or string them into a mobile or banner. As you can see, this chenille apple craft is a cute and frugal way to get into the fall season!
More Fall Crafts for Kids