Fall and apples go hand in hand, don’t they? Here is a great fall craft to try using just a little paint, some glue, and a handful of wine corks. This wine cork apple craft is a fun fall activity that kids can do with help from an adult. (An adult should cut the wine corks and use the hot glue gun).
Don’t have wine corks on hand? Ask your friends to save theirs, pick up a bag of wine corks from Amazon, or snag a bag at your local craft store. Here is how you can get started crafting your own!
Wine Cork Apple Craft
- 4-5 wine corks
- Sharp serrated knife
- Red craft paint
- Paint brush
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Green twine, pipe cleaners, or yarn
Now, let’s get crafting your wine cork apple ornament!
1. Begin by cutting your wine corks into smaller segments. Your serrated knife will make this job easy. You will get about 3 segments out of each cork.
2. Next, arrange the cork segments in your apple shape. You can start by making a circle and gently bending it into the apple shape. As you can see, this is an easy craft!
3. Next, apply the glue to the joints of the corks. Wherever two corks connect, you want to add a dab of glue. Press the pieces together so the apple design takes shape. Allow 20 minutes for your glue to dry.
4. Your corks can now be painted. Use red craft paint and a foam brush to brush the color over the corks. You will need about 2 coats for decent coverage. Feel free to add more if you wish.
5. You can now add the stem of your apple. Either run some green yarn through it, or twist the green pipe cleaner into a stem as we did. We then added some glue and pressed it to the top/back of the apple.
Your wine cork apple craft project is now complete!