Are you children crazy about bouncy balls? They are fun to bounce all over the place, and a great way to keep a bored child occupied. Well bouncy ball lovers rejoice, because below you will find a simple and inexpensive homemade bouncy ball recipe. That's right, you can MAKE your own bouncy balls right in your own kitchen! Here's how you can get started and have bouncy balls jumping all over the place in no time.
Homemade Bouncy Balls Recipe
- ½ cup of hot water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of white glue
- 1 tablespoon of Borax
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Food coloring in your choice of colors
- Mixing bowl
The ingredients here are enough to make 3-4 small bouncy balls or 2-3 large ones. You can always double the recipe if you need to create more.
1. Begin by heating your water in a bowl. You want it hot but not boiling.
2. Pour in the Borax, cornstarch, and white glue. Things are about to get slimy!
3. Now, stir the mixture well. You will notice that a large clump starts to form. This is a good thing!
4. Scoop out the clump and squeeze it to remove any water. You can use your hands for this, don't be afraid.
5. Add a few drops of food coloring to the clump. About 2-3 drops is plenty. Start squeezing the mixture in your hands and kneading it to mix in the color. If you want, transfer the mixture to a plastic baggie and knead it so your hands don't get too dirty.
6. When the color is all mixed in, remove the mixture and roll it into a ball. The longer you keep it in your hand, the better it forms into place. The heat and the oils on your hands seem to help it!
Your homemade bouncy ball is now ready to be used! It is squishy, squashy, and can bounce right on the floor! When not in use, simply store it in an airtight container. The ball may lose its shape, but just take it out of the container and roll it in your hands to shape it up again.
Give this easy and inexpensive homemade bouncy ball recipe a try with your kids. They will be amazed to know they can make their own bouncy balls!