Quesadillas are an awesome way to use up leftovers. Don’t limit yourself to traditional ingredients! For this recipe, I shredded leftover barbecue chicken and used it to create seriously delicious Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas. Melted cheese goes with everything including barbecue chicken!
Have I mentioned that I love how fast and easy quesadillas are to make? 🙂
- 12 tortillas
- 1½ cups cheese
- 2 cups shredded barbecue chicken
- Brush the pan with oil and heat until hot. (350 on an electric skillet or medium high on the stove).
- Place tortillas on pan.
- Sprinkle 1 -2 tablespoons of cheese on each tortilla.
- Place ~1/3 cup of barbecue chicken on top of the cheese.
- Top with 1 – 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and press it down to evenly smush the ingredients between the tortillas.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is brown. Flip and cook until the other tortilla is brown, approximately 3 -4 minutes each side.
- Repeat until all of your quesadillas have been made.
- Cut in fourths with a pizza cutter and serve while hot.