I have avoided making butter cream frosting since my oldest son’s reaction to dairy became more intense last year. For many years, he was fine as long as he took an enzyme pill before eating. Instead of getting better as he has gotten older, his reaction has gotten worse and he decided to adopt a completely diary-free diet. He tells me not to worry about making everything dairy-free for him, that he will just abstain, but I don’t like for him to have to do that in his own home. So when my youngest son asked for white cupcakes with white frosting, I knew I needed to come up with a delicious dairy-free “butter cream” frosting.
- ¼ cup of dairy-free margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 - 5 cups powdered sugar
- Place the margarine and vanilla in a medium bowl. Slowly stir in half of the powdered sugar.
- Add the almond milk and then add more sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Use a hand blender to smooth out the lumps.
- Use to frost one cake or 24 cupcakes.
More Dairy-Free Frosting Recipes: