I have been in a meat and potatoes mood lately. The weather change has made me crave stick-to-your-ribs comfort food…or perhaps it is the all of the extra manual labor that is causing my cravings.
We spent the weekend winterizing the property for our first snow. We set up heated water buckets for the horses, checked the fences to ensure they can withstand the high winds, put down more gravel on our walk to minimize the mud when the snow melts, collected all of the garden tools, and removed all of Andrew’s toys from the roof:
Yes, cleaning toys off the roof is really part of our winterizing plan. Today, we found 2 baseballs, 1 golf ball, 2 golf clubs, 2 croquet balls, 2 basketballs, 4 kid balls, 1 football, 2 trowels, a weeder, an airplane, 2 cups, 1 plate, an electric fence standoff insulator, a rock, and 2 unidentifiable objects that we will probably regret tossing. The kid needs to find a new hobby!
The Honey-Lime Marinade makes enough for 10 – 12 pork chops. I usually buy pork chops in bulk when they are on sale. I use 1/2 of the marinade to coat 4 – 6pork chops for dinner and the other 1/2 to coat the remaining pork chops. I put the extra pork chops in an airtight container and freeze them. Then all I have to do is thaw them on the day that I want to serve Honey-Lime Pork Chops.
That is my 17 year old son’s plate. I am craving meat and potatoes in much smaller quantities than that! I usually photograph his plate because he is the only one who has a full plate, so it is always the most photogenic.
- 8 - 12 pork chops
- juice from 2 limes ~1/4 cup
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Use half of the marinade to coat 4 –6 pork chops. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. (Refrigerate, freeze or use remaining marinade on another batch of pork chops).
- Broil 4 inches from the flame, cooking for 4 –6 minutes (check after 4 minutes to see if the meat is looking crispy).
- Flip, then cook for another 4 – 6 minutes or until it is cooked through and the juices run clear.
More Pork Recipes:
So is the autumn weather making you crave a particular type of food?