My next door neighbor brought over a salmon steak from her last fishing trip. The steak was so big that it barely fit in a 13 x 9 pan. I decided to cook it for some of my neighbors who serve as my “official taste-testers” and wanted to create a special salmon dish for them. On a recent trip to Atlanta, I had a delicious Salmon dish with balsamic glaze at Maggiano’s and was inspired to try copying it for my neighbors.
Since most of you are not cooking with a huge salmon steak, I am sharing the recipe for 1 pound of salmon. You can double, triple, or quadruple it as necessary.
- 1 pound salmon
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, and sugar in a small sauce pan. cook over a medium flame until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes until it becomes like a thin syrup.
- Pour half of the glaze over the salmon and let it marinate for 2 hours. Reserve the remaining glaze to put on the cooked salmon.
- After marinating cook the salmon at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until it is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Serve immediately, with glaze drizzled over the top.
More Fish Recipes: