This gluten-free jalapeno popovers recipe is not only flavorful, it is super easy to make! It is perfect as an appetizer, snack, or you can use it in place of conventional rolls. To make gluten-free jalapeno popovers, you simply place all the ingredients except for the diced peppers in the blender and blend until all the ingredients are combined.
Then stir in the diced jalapeno peppers, divide the batter between mini-muffin cups, and bake.
Gluten-Free Jalapeno Popovers Recipe
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup lactose-free milk
- 1 ½ cup tapioca flour
- ⅔ cup Mexican blend grated cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
1. Preheat oven to 400º F. This step is essential.
2. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Measure the egg, oil, milk, tapioca flour, cheese, salt, and chili powder into the bowl of a blender or food processor.
4. Blend on high until the mixture is a uniform smooth consistency. Stir in the minced peppers.
5. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until the popovers are puffy and golden brown. Remove them from the oven.
As soon as they are cool enough to handle, turn the popovers out into a basket and serve warm.