Confession: I don’t really like yogurt. Oh, I will use it in recipes to make healthy dips, dressings, and casseroles. But I never just grab a spoon and dive into a bowl of yogurt. I have tried to like it. I really have. I have tried just about every brand and flavor available trying to find that one yogurt that would make me fall in love with it. In the process my husband and kids have discovered several different yogurts that they love, but I’m still looking…
Everybody has a few foods that they don’t like, so why does this matter?
My doctor recommended that I start consuming yogurt years ago as a way of increasing the good bacteria in my intestines. And he repeated his recommendation every visit until I finally confessed that I was probably never going to follow through on that recommendation. And that is when he told me to start taking probiotics.
My life is too busy for me to not feel my best, so I want to do everything I can to strengthen my immune system! Taking Culturelle® Health & Wellness Probiotic has become an important part of my daily health routine. It is so easy that I can fit it in even on the most hectic of mornings.
The probiotic in Culturelle® Health & Wellness Probiotic works in the digestive tract to help keep your immune system healthy. With just one capsule a day, the immune system is provided with a clinical strength serving of 100% Lactobacillus GG containing 15 billion active cultures.
Print this coupon for Culturelle Probiotic and save money when you try it for yourself. Here is a store locator to help you find it at a store near you.
10 Natural Ways to Improve Your Immune System
1. Get more sleep. It is important to get adequate sleep. Like stress, lack of sleep raises your cortisol levels, taxes your immune system, and increases your susceptibility to illness.
2. Reduce Stress. Long-term stress elevates your cortisol levels and taxes your immune system. Find ways to relax. A soothing bath with Epsom salts and yoga are easy ways to reduce stress.
3. Consume healthy foods. Eating a well balanced diets with lots of fruits and vegetables will help you naturally consume the important vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants.
4. Get some exercise. While we know that exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle, it may actually contribute to improving your immune system, by improving circulation, which allows the cells and substances of the immune system to move more freely through the body to do their job efficiently.
5. Get out in the sun for a short time each day. Vitamin D plays an important role in promoting normal immune function. 10 – 15 minutes of sunlight without sunscreen should be enough from spring through fall. You may need to supplement with Vitamin D during the winter months.
6. Avoid Sugar. Consuming too much sugar reduces the ability of white blood cells to destroy bacteria.
7. Avoid Tobacco Smoke. Even second-hand smoke increase respiratory mucus which puts you at greater risk for respiratory infections.
8. Consume friendly bacteria. Taking Culturelle® Health & Wellness Probiotic capsule every day is an easy way to get Lactobacillus GG.
9. Supplement with daily vitamins. If your intestine have been compromised due to a health issue, you may not be absorbing nutrients from your food as well as you should be.
10. Socialize more. It may seem counter-intuitive, but instead of avoiding people during cold and flu season, you should spend some quality time with friends. Time with friends, touch, and laughter all help lower your stress levels.
Follow Culturelle on Twitter and Facebook to learn more about the ways Culturelle Probiotic can help keep your immune system healthy.
Add Culturelle Health and Wellness Probiotic to your daily routine with 100% Lactobacillus GG to support your immune system and keep you healthy, so you can be 100% you all day, every day. It’s Immune Support Made Simple.*
With the seal of approval from Good Housekeeping, you can trust the daily intake of the probiotic in Culturelle Health & Wellness to support a healthy immune system.* Visit Culturelle’s website for more information.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
††Based on the number of Lactobacillus GG clinical studies, as of August 2014.
Culturelle Probiotics sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.