I used to have hair so thick that barrettes couldn’t contain it. And it is a good thing too, because my hair has thinned so much over the years that I do not know what I would do if I didn’t start out with extra thick hair!
My hair began thinning in my mid-twenties. When my eyebrows started thinning as well, my doctor checked my thyroid and discovered that I had Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. I have continued to struggle with hair loss despite being on thyroid medicine.
In the last couple years the shedding has become more pronounced. Even though I combed my hair before my showers, I still lost quite a bit of hair while washing it. Removing hair balls from the drain was a monthly activity for my husband.
I start taking steps to naturally decrease my hair loss. Because I took steps to be good to my body and gentle on my hair only immediate family (and my hair dresser) knew that I was struggling with thinning hair.
While many people have used Hairfinity to help their hair grow faster, I decided to try Hairfinity to see if it could help reduce my hair shedding. I was extremely pleased with the results.
Before I started taking Hairfinity, I was losing handfuls of hair each day. After taking the vitamins for 2 weeks the amount of hair I lost each day had noticeably decreased, after a month it had significantly decreased, and after 6 weeks I was barely shedding any hair at all.
My before and after pictures are going to be a little different because I wasn’t concerned with how fast my hair grew. In fact, I got a hair cut after taking the vitamins for 3 weeks. (My stylist noticed new hairs coming in and asked what I was doing to cause the new hair growth.) So if I didn’t care about how much my hair grew, what did I take pictures of? My comb!
See the before picture? Now image losing a comb full of hair every time you combed your hair! Not just once a day, not after a particularly bad tangle, but every.single.time. That comb full of hair was the third time I combed my hair that day. I had combed it before taking my shower to reduce the amount that fell out while I showered. Then I lost more hair as I combed conditioner through my hair in the shower. And then I gently combed my hair after I let it air dry. I came to dread combing my hair! Then there was all the hair that fell out through out the day. Needless to say, I avoided dark colored tops.
Natural Ways to Reduce Hair Loss
1. First, make an appointment with your doctor to rule out any underlying medical condition.
2. Avoid high heat. Let your hair air dry when possible. Turn the settings to cool and low when you must blow dry your hair. Minimize the use of high-heat flat irons and curling irons. Try to find a hair style that works with your natural texture, so that you don’t have to use so much heat on your hair.
3. Resist the temptation to perm your hair to give it body. The chemicals used to perm your hair can cause drying and breakage.
4. Reduce the hair products you use. Many products such as gels and hair sprays can make your hair dry and brittle and increase breakage.
5. Use a wide tooth comb instead of a brush. If your hair tangles easily, comb your hair in the shower while you still have conditioner in it.
6. If you have long hair, don’t comb from the roots to the ends.Instead, start combing the bottom few inches first. Then move the comb up a few inches and comb, repeat until you can comb from your scalp to the ends.
7. Avoid high pressure hair styles like tight or high ponytails. Instead opt for a low and loose ponytail or braid.
8. Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water. You need to nourish your hair from the inside out by eating food rich in nutrients needed for healthy hair growth like B Vitamins, Biotin, Vitamin C, and amino acids.
9. Massage your scalp. Massaging your scalp increases circulation and stimulates the hair follicles.
10. Take dietary supplements. Unfortunately, our body’s ability to absorb nutrients from our diet decreases as we get older. Even if you follow a healthy diet, you may not be getting enough of the needed vitamins, minerals, and amino acids needed to promote hair growth.
Hairfinity is a nutritional supplement formulated with essential nutrients for healthy hair. This hair specific formula contains Vitamins A, C, and D, a B-Vitamin Complex, Biotin, MSM, and more. Hairfinity is clinically proven to increase the hair growth rate by 155% while decreasing shedding. Two capsules are taken per day, and each bottle contains a one-month supply.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hairfinity. The opinions and text are all mine.