This pretty Crunchy Snow Slime Recipe is irresistible to kids ( and maybe moms too).
The colors, the texture, and the sound all cry out to be explored and enjoyed by busy little hands. Whether you are making this slime to help fill up a wintery day indoors, as part of a sensory bin, or as a fun gift to give away to a child it is sure to be a hit! Borax, used in very small amounts creates a safe and wonderfully textured slime that lasts and keeps kids busy and engaged. Add a few wintery themed cookie cutters, utensils, and containers to set up an activity that will last for hours.
Crunchy Snow Slime Recipe
- ½ cup of white school glue
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- ½ cup of shaving cream, white
- 1 teaspoon of Borax
- 1 cup of hot water
- White glitter (optional)
- fish tank gravel, blue (found at dollar store)
1. Begin by mixing the Borax and hot water until dissolved. Set aside.
2. Add the glue and shaving cream together until a fluff forms. The consistency of marshmallow fluff is what you are after.
3. Start adding tablespoons of the Borax and water mixture to the shaving cream and glue mixture. Add a tablespoon at a time until your fluffy slime starts to form. You may not use up all of the Borax mixtures but that is ok!
4. Once you have the consistency you wish, add in as much or as little glitter and gravel as you like. The more you add, the crunchier and shinier it will be!
5. Continue to knead the slime to get the glitter and gravel to mix in well.
You can then play with your crunchy snow slime or store it in an air container until ready to use. Add it to a mason jar with a fun winter shaped cookie cutter and a pretty ribbon for a great kids gift idea.