You can’t have Halloween without a few spiderwebs, right? This Halloween, make your own spooky spiderwebs when you give this DIY Doily Spiderweb Craft for Kids a try. Using an embroidery hoop and a few other inexpensive items, you can make the cutest spiderweb on the block. Here is how you can get started crafting your own.
DIY Doily Spiderweb Craft for Kids
- embroidery hoop
- white or black doily ($1 at Michael’s Craft Store)
- Gray or black felt
- Googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Halloween themed ribbon (orange or black)
All of these items can be found at your local craft store, or perhaps you already have them in your crafting stash.
Now let’s begin!
1. First, you want to place the doily inside of the embroidery hoop. Pull it tightly so it is not sagging. You might have to adjust the screw on the hoop to make the fabric fit nicely. Once you get the fabric tightly in place, use your scissors to cut off any extra doily around the edges. You want a nice and clean cut.
2. Set the doily/hoop aside and start crafting your not so spooky spider. To do this, cut out a small circle and eight strips for legs from your felt. We chose grey felt but you can use whichever color you prefer. Black and even purple both look great. Using you craft glue, assemble the spider and add the finishing touch of the googly eyes.
3. How cute is this little guy? Add some glue to the back of his body and press it to the doily so it looks like he is sitting on his web. You can also make him a friend if you wish using the same instructions.
Your spooky spiderweb for kids is now complete. How easy was that? Give this family friendly Halloween craft a try and see how much spooky fun you can enjoy.