If you are hosting any Halloween or fall festivities this year, you will want to put this Hand Painted Candy Corn Treat Bag on your to do list! Easy craft and easy to enjoy, these hand painted candy corn bags are perfect for party favors. You can make them for just pennies a piece, so here is how you can get started!
Hand Painted Candy Corn Treat Bag
- Orange treat bag (sold 3 for $1 at Dollar Tree)
- Yellow and white craft or fabric paint
- Sponge brush
- old newspaper to catch paint drips
Now, you can start painting on your candy corn colors.
1. Dip your brush in paint and apply two coats to the bag in thick stripes. We did a strip of yellow at the top, left the center naturally orange, and applied a thick strip of white at the bottom.
2. You will want to give your paint plenty of time to dry. Be sure you set the bag on some newspaper while painting, as some of the paint may leak through.
3. Once one side is done and dry, flip the bag over and do the opposite side.
4. Set aside for 24 hours to dry. You may notice that the bag gets a little stiff once dry. To soften it up just bend it in various directions.
Once your paint is dry, your hand painted candy corn bag is ready to be filled with candy and other fall treats! It makes the perfect party favor for your fall or Halloween parties, and is the perfect size for little hands.
Gather your supplies and give this easy and super inexpensive hand painted candy corn bag a try. It is the perfect way to get into the fall season!
For more candy corn theme craft projects, check out how you can turn an old soda bottle into a candy corn vase here!