Reuse a terra cotta saucer to make this colorful Flower Pot Saucer Turkey Craft. It is an easy and frugal craft to make with kids this fall.
Autumn is finally here and there is so much to get excited about! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I guess you could say that's due to sweaters, pumpkins, and the changing leaves. And with bugs starting to go away, what's there to not love about this season?
Something else I love about fall is crafting. The days are getting shorter and that means a little bit more inside time for myself and for kids. On lazy afternoons, I really enjoy sitting down and creating something with them. Even if it's something simple. This Flower Pot Sauce Turkey Craft for kids is so simple you could make several and use them to decorate around your home or garden.
Flower Pot Saucer Turkey Craft For Kids Tutorial
- terra cotta flower pot saucer
- orange, white, and black and red crafting felt
- hot glue, glue gun
- assorted fall colored ribbons
1. Begin by creating the face of the turkey. Create eyes by cutting out two large white circles, and fill in with two smaller black circles for pupils.
2. Snip out a triangle from the orange fabric for your beak. You will also need to create a gobbler. A squiggled oval cut from the red felt is perfect for this.
3. Assemble the face onto the front of the saucer. Add glue to the eyes and beak and press them into place. Hold in place until secure. Add the gobbler under the beak.
4. While the glue dries you can prepare the feathers. Cut out strips of fall colored ribbon. Each strip should be about 4 inches long.
5. Fold the strips in half to create the feathers. Add a dab of glue to the ends and press to the back of the saucer. Allow the ribbon to thoroughly dry before moving.
Your flower pot saucer turkey is now ready to be displayed!
More Easy Fall Crafts for Kids: